Valley Sleep Center, Arizona’s largest sleep clinic with 5 clinics in the Phoenix area, has been diagnosing, testing and treating people with sleep disorders since 2002.
We are seeking a full-time Intake Representative for our office in Mesa, Arizona. The hours are 8:00 – 4:30 Monday – Friday.
Valley Sleep Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and their physicians are Board Certified Sleep Medicine Specialists.
Valley Sleep Center has won numerous awards including Arizona State University Spirit of Enterprise, 2013, Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Impact, Business of the Year Award 2011 and CareerBuilder Top Places to Work in the Valley 2013. Find out more at www.valleysleepcenter.com.
Primary/Essential Job Duties:
- Monitor and receive all of the orders for consults, sleep studies or oximetry tests that are faxed, via the computer, to Valley Sleep Center
- Check Enterprise and Brightree to see if established patient for new orders
- Distribute all other documents received into appropriate lab folder
- Fax confirmation to the referring provider when we have received the order
- Make the initial 24-hour contact call to the patient for all new orders/intake
- Advise the patient that we have received an order and once we have the insurance benefits verified we will contact the patient to schedule the consult/study
- If additional documentation is needed, advise the patient of this and will let the patient know they can contact their referring doctor to let them know we have requested additional information to help speed up the process
- Advise the patient that if they have not heard back from us within 7 days, to give us a call back
- Once the missing documentation is received, upload into BT and will then assign the order to the appropriate insurance team member
- If we are missing demo or insurance information, attempt to obtain when calling the patient or will call the referring office. This information will not be requested via fax to the referring office.
Note: There may be other administrative duties performed by the Intake Representative. The individual selected for the position will be required to follow instructions or perform other duties related to the job description, as requested.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of HIPAA and general medical knowledge.
- Establish priorities; demonstrate organizational skills and effectiveness at multi-tasking.
- Follow through on requests and meet deadlines, minimizing interruptions to other team members.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and orientation to detail.
- Maintain intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Brightree and other industry related software.
- Operate office equipment such as computers, phone system and voice mail messaging system, and fax machines.
- Demonstrate customer service skills on the phone and in person; actively seek out ways to help others.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with patients, doctors, patients’ families, and Valley Sleep Center Team Members.
- Work and contribute successfully within a culturally diverse work and business environment.
- Recognize the importance of good teamwork; support and assist team members on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for meeting company and team business goals and objectives, as assigned by the Director of Patient Services.
- Able and willing to continue business skill development.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- At least 6 months of experience in a health related administrative role.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word). Knowledge of insurance and health care industry software is desirable.
To apply submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org