Now Hiring: Scheduling Representative, Valley Sleep Center, Phoenix, Arizona
We are seeking a full-time scheduling representative for our clinic located at 4141 North 32nd Street, Suite 104, Phoenix, AZ 85018. The hours will be Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm.
Valley Sleep Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and their physicians are Board Certified Sleep Medicine Specialists.Valley Sleep Center has won numerous awards including Arizona State University Spirit of Enterprise, 2013, Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Impact, Business of the Year Award 2011 and CareerBuilder Top Places to Work in the Valley 2013.
Performs as scheduling representative for one of the Valley Sleep Center locations. Monitors intake, schedules and confirms patients’ appointments. Supports answering of incoming phone calls, and relaying messages for inter-office phone calls. May help with administrative tasks such as medical chart preparation, sleep study deliveries, filing and incoming/outgoing mail distribution.Often the first person to greet patients and visitors, ensures first and lasting impression of Valley Sleep Center is as a provider of excellence in patient care.
Primary/Essential Job Duties:
- Perform scheduling role for a specific Valley Sleep Center location; support other locations in their scheduling related tasks on an “as needed” basis.
- Contact patient to let them know that Valley Sleep Center has their referral; retrieve patient’s insurance information.
- Schedule and confirm patient sleep studies, consultation appointments, and other related medical consultations.
- Utilize specific knowledge of medical terminology and hospital, clinic, or laboratory procedures.
- Utilize specific knowledge of medical insurance, including how insurance deductibles work, in order to verify patient eligibility for insurance benefits.
- Get prior authorization for AHCCCS patients.
- Prepare and confirm that all documents are included in medical charts for patients who are scheduled for sleep studies.
- Scan consultation notes and medications to transcriptionist.
- Greet all patients and other visitors courteously and cheerfully, determine their needs, and direct them to the proper person and/or office.
- Check in patients for their consultations and sleep studies.
- Follow Valley Sleep Center patient related and other protocols; maintain accurate documentation.
- Deliver sleep studies, medical records and other correspondence by mail, e-mail or fax.
- Respond to Scheduling Coordinator or Director of Patient Services requests for daily goal updates and other measurements, as identified for the administrative team.
- Operate office equipment such as computers, phone system and voice mail messaging system, and fax machines.
- Answer telephone to relay incoming and interoffice calls.
- Provide excellent customer service and puts visitors to Valley Sleep Center at ease.
- Communicates with respect and clarity, verbally and in writing.
- Participate actively in administrative team meetings, ensuring that the team is building collective competence.
Note : There may be other administrative duties performed by the Scheduling Representative. The individual selected for the position will be required to follow instructions or perform other duties related to the job description, as requested.
Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of HIPAA, insurance eligibility, and general medical knowledge.
- Follow through on requests and meet deadlines, minimizing interruptions to other team members.
- Establish priorities; is organized and an effective multi-tasker.
- Demonstrate high level of accuracy and orientation to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully schedule patients to help meet Valley Sleep Center goals in filling beds.
- Maintain intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and other industry related software.
- Demonstrate customer service skills on the phone and in person; actively seek out ways to help others.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with patients, doctors, patient’s families, and Valley Sleep Center team members.
- Work and contribute successfully within a culturally diverse work and business environment
- Recognize the importance of good teamwork; support and assist team members on a consistent basis.
- Responsible for meeting Company and Team business goals and objectives, as assigned by the Director of Patient Services.
- Able and willing to continue business skill development.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate).
- At least 6 months to 1 year of experience in a health related administrative role.
- At least 6 months of customer service-related skills to deal effectively with patients and other clients in person or on the telephone.
- Intermediate level of proficiency in, Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Excel, Word). Knowledge of insurance and health care industry software is desirable.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must be able to use hands and sit for long periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job. Must communicate clearly in English.
- Must be able to perform and complete multiple tasks
- May be required to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check.
To apply, submit resume to email@example.com.