Thank you for choosing Valley Sleep Center. For most insurance plans, you do not need a primary care referral to meet with one of our sleep doctors. If you are having sleep issues, call us to set up an initial sleep consultation to determine if a sleep study is right for you.
If you need an appointment for a sleep study, please call us at 480-830-3900 or email us.
Here’s what you need to know if you are new patient:
- For your comfort, your sleep study will be performed in your own private room which includes a private bathroom. Walk in shower available upon request.
- Each sleep study room is comfortably furnished with high quality mattresses, pillows and bedding and is equipped with cable television and wireless internet.
Cancellation Policy: There is a $200 fee charged for sleep study no shows or for cancellations made less than 2 business days in advance. The fee can be waived in circumstances where the patient is sick or has an emergency etc. as long as the appointment is rescheduled.
What will happen at your sleep study:
- Sleep study appointments are generally scheduled at 8:30 pm. Please arrive on time.
- When you come in to Valley Sleep Center for your sleep study you will check in with our front desk and then you will be escorted to your private sleep study bedroom.
- Then you be instructed to get ready for bedtime. You’ll get into your pajamas, brush your teeth, and do whatever you need to do to get ready for sleep.
- After you are ready, your sleep technician will come into your room and prepare you for your sleep study.
- Small gold-cupped wares (electrodes) will be filled with cream and taped to or near your chin, ears, head, chest legs and near your eyes. This takes about an hour.
- All electrodes and sensors are placed using hypoallergenic tape. Please let us know if you have a known skin allergy.
- After your have fallen asleep and your study has begun, a sleep technologist may need to re-enter your room to reposition sensors or to begin CPAP treatment.
- The sleep technologists are awake all night and you may call them if you need them.
- You will be on a video monitor throughout the night. Recordings are used by sleep specialist physicians only. Recordings are not available for transfer or copy
- The sleep technologist who removes the electrodes in the morning may not be the same person who helped you the night before.
What to do the day of your sleep study:
- Do not take any naps the day of your sleep study.
- Do not consume caffeine or alcohol after noon.
- Take a shower before coming to your appointment. Remove all makeup, lotions, oils, and hairspray. This will help ensure better adhesion of electrodes.
- You may take your medication(s) unless otherwise directed by your physician.
What you should bring:
- Your completed sleep history and medications form along with your insurance card(s) and a picture ID
- Loose, comfortable clothes to sleep in (no satin or silk)
- Personal items such as a toothbrush, hairbrush, and clothes to change into the following morning.
- Towels, shampoo, etc., if you would like to shower in the morning.
- An extra pillow. You will be provided with two pillows; however you may bring an extra one from home.
- Any medications that you will need before bed or upon waking up
- Books, magazines or reading material to help you fall asleep.
- Snacks, bottled water or other items you might need during the night.
If you need assistance during your sleep study.
- A caretaker should stay for the duration of your sleep study if you require any assistance during the night (i.e. getting into bed, going to the bathroom, etc.)
- If you do require to bring a caretaker with you, please let us know that you will need accommodations for your caretaker as we have limited space.
- Children under the age of 18 who are having a sleep study are required to bring a caretaker with them.
The morning following your study:
- Your study will end between 5:00 and 5:30 am.
- Orange juice or coffee are available upon request
- Towels are available upon request
- Let your technologist know if you need to leave early or require us to contact your ride.
- Be sure to follow up with your physician or schedule a follow-up visit with one of our board certified sleep specialists to discuss the results of your study.
Forms to complete:
If you have been scheduled for you consultation or overnight sleep study, please fill out and print the forms to bring to you appointment. These are located here: New Patient Forms
Important Things You Need to Know About Your Sleep Study
- Our sleep technologists are highly trained and knowledgeable; however, they may not give you any information regarding your sleep study results or medical condition(s).
- Results will be available in 10 working days, and may be discussed in detail with your physician.
- Sleep study reports are sent to the referring physician(s) only. If you wish to obtain a copy of your report, please call us at 480-830-3900.