Thank you for choosing Valley Sleep Center for you child’s pediatric sleep study needs. We hope you and your child have a pleasant sleep experience that can leave you and your doctor feeling satisfied with your referral decision.
We understand that this may be your child’s first sleep study experience and we’d like to help make it a simple and pleasant one.
The study will take place in the privacy of your own room where you and your child can watch television or a favorite DVD to help pass the time during setup. Don’t worry, you’re in good hands. Our experienced sleep technologists will be available through the entire sleep test to help answer any of your questions.”
All patients under the age of 18 MUST have a parent or guardian stay overnight for the sleep test.
The following information contains special instructions and will help you to best prepare for your child’s sleep test.
On the day of your child’s sleep study:
- Take routine medication(s) unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not take any naps.
- Do not consume caffeine after noon.
- Eat dinner and shower, removing makeup, lotions, oils, and hairspray.
What you should bring to your pediatric sleep study:
- A completed sleep history and medications form
- Iinsurance card(s) and a picture ID from the parent/guardian
- Any special items that provide comfort such as a blanket, toy, or stuffed animal
- A favorite book or DVD for them to enjoy during the hookup process
- Comfortable pajamas or a comfortable tee shirt and shorts to sleep in. (No one-piece “footie” or jumpsuit-style pajamas)
- Any medications that your child may need before bed or upon waking up in the morning
- Extra diapers or wipes if your child is not yet potty-trained.
- Any personal items such as toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner.
- Any food/snacks and medical equipment/supplies normally used at home for sleep.
The morning following the sleep study:
- The study will end between 5:30 a.m. and 6:30 a.m.
- Let your technologist know if you need to leave early or require us to contact your ride.
- Be sure to follow up with your referring physician or schedule a follow-up visit with one of our board certified sleep specialists to discuss the results of your child’s study.