Valley Sleep Center, Arizona’s largest sleep clinic with 5 clinics in the Phoenix area, has been diagnosing, testing and treating people with sleep disorders since 2002.
We are seeking a full-time Accounts Receivable Specialist to work at
our clinic located at 4555 E Inverness Mesa, AZ 85206. The hours will be Monday-Friday, from 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. To apply, submit a resume and cover letter.
Valley Sleep Center is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and their physicians are Board Certified Sleep Medicine Specialists. Valley Sleep Center has won numerous awards including Arizona State University Spirit of Enterprise, 2013; Phoenix Chamber of Commerce Impact, Business of the Year Award 2011 and CareerBuilder Top Places to Work in the Valley 2013.
The accounts receivable claims specialist position reviews all outstanding revenue for Valley Sleep Services, Physicians, DME and Patient Invoices; pursues collection of all claims until payment determination is made and performs other work associated with the billing process.
- Initiate claim follow up with insurance companies in regards to disputes to resolve denials and pending claims.
- Research and resubmit claims through paper and/or EDI transmission. Ensure timely resolution of claims payment.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies resulting in overpaid/underpaid accounts.
- Ensure revenue is maximized based on submitting claims for coordination of benefits to appropriate secondary and tertiary payers.
- Provide quality control of insurance claims to ensure proper billing information is submitted including patient demographics, insurance, ICD, CPT and HCPCS codes. Monitor claims for missing information and authorizations.
- Utilize analytical skills to review outstanding billing and revenue in order to report irregularities to management and evaluate opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Submits medical documentation and records as needed and requested to comply with HIPPA and Practice requirements.
- Enter all calls and all notes for documentation. Includes all insurance company and patient and all internal and external correspondence.
- Identifies patterns of insurance and patient concern.
- Ensure appropriate credit adjustments, write off allowable amounts and review for write off amounts are compliant with write-off policy and reported to management.
- Responsible for posting of payments and denials received electronically and through the mail.
- Maintains current knowledge of and adhere to payer and regulatory guidelines for medical insurance claims processing and reimbursement.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum of 1 year of billing experience and/or completion of accepted medical billing course
- Knowledge of insurance billing
- Knowledge of ICD coding, CPT, HCPCS codes and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Strong typing and data entry skills
- Strong computer skill, including Microsoft Excel and Word
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org